Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Felt United Submissions

Felt United is past for this year. It was such fun to see other felt artists work and watch new people learn about felt, particularly if they fall in love with felt making. There are pictures of the event at the farm on our website or on Facebook. Here I will share one of the items that each of us submitted for the International Felt United website.

The major piece I made for this year's event is a wall hanging that hung over the shop doorway on Saturday.

This is a close up of the sky portion so you can see the silk fibers, hand dyed blue silk locks and metallic fabric grid pieces that are incorporated in that section.

This close up is of the sun with silk fibers, silk yarn and metallic fibers.


We each submitted 3 pieces for the international site; my favorite of Sue Pufpaff's entries is this stylish coat and matching purse.

My favorite of Suzanne Higgs entries is this very unique vessel.

2 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Beautiful!

I'm glad you had a great day and I'm very happy that my friends who attended were thrilled with visiting your farm and learning.

Next year...

Barbara Marr said...

Next year it is, plus next year we are due a warm, no wind day.