Sunday, January 11, 2009

Paperweight Snowfall

Since Friday, we have had snow falling like it does in those old fashioned glass paperweights, gently falling straight down. Even though most of the snow was in small size flakes, it does pile up as shown in the picture.
Today was so tempting we had to get out in it. We got our cross country skis out for the first time in a few years, I made it around the curve in our driveway before I lost my balance and went down. There was so much fluffy stuff (snow, not me?) that it didn't hurt but I sure had forgotten the technique of getting up with those long things attached to my feet. After I finally got back in an upright position, I was rather pleased with what I could still do. Course we probably only went 1/2 mle.

The forecast for the coming week is windy and very cold so I have started Jill Turner's Button Wrap I am doing this one in our Burgundy Heather, hope I remember to post it when finished.

1 comment:

Rosanne said...

That's a beautiful wrap, please don't forget to post a picture. For the first time in about 4 years, I can wrap myself in shawls again. Yeah!...menopause doesn't
totally last forever! Keep warm, we have lots of blowing and drifting snow over here.