Monday, March 5, 2012

Fiber Art & Painted Art

Sally Goins owner of Starry Night Studio & Gallery thought it would be fun for both of us to do the same subject in our own medium. 

She had just finished the daisy with bee drawing in colored pen and ink  pointillism;  a technique of painting in which small, distinct dots of pure color are applied in patterns to form an image. 

I printed her picture and began layout with merino and silk fibers.  This is about midway through the layout. 

The original size was 16 inches by 20 inches, after felting it was about 12 x 15 inches.  I forgot to photograph it after felting, before I gave it to Sally to take to the Gallery.

Of course, the layered fiber colors blended and softened with felting so I think I was fairly close to her design.   It was a fun project.

No comments: