Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Full of Thanksgiving...before "the meal".

I shared this photograph, titled God's Smile, awhile back .  It represents how I feel about our life and all the blessings we have.  We are thankful first for each other, as we have grown in experience, we have grown together.  For our families, most of them are on one coast or the other, still our relationships have deepened and are more meaningful than ever.  For our friends, since we don't have "relatives" within an hour or so drive we truly appreciate the friends close by who have adopted us into their family.

For our health, we may take longer to do some things occasionally, we can still do what we want most anytime.  For the country we live in, the news is full of the strife in other parts of the world yet there are those fighting to keep our freedoms, I pray we all remember this. 

For our life, when visitors have commented about our farm, I usually reply that we know we live in the best of all possible worlds.  I truly thank God for bringing us here.  Over 30 years ago we completely changed our lifestyle to move onto a farm that had been vacant for 13 years and showed it.  I think we have made a big improvement on the looks of this land and I know it made a big improvement on us.

I hope all of you have an opportunity during this holiday time to reflect on your blessings.

1 comment:

Cary ~ My Wool Mitten at Serenity Farms said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving sentiment, Barb! Happy Thanksgiving to you ;)