Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Colors in Hand dyed Yarn

Like everyone else, I am impatiently waiting for Spring. In the meantime, I tried to create my own with colors that matched my thoughts - or senses.

I want to smell masses of fragrant violets and lilacs.

Little grape hyacinths and regular hyacinths, all of these reminded me of Shades or Purple and/or Blue.


Imperial Crown is one of the early bulbs in our yard, usually before daffodils, this year a little late but it's orange red blossoms last a long while.

The final color in this group is denim, what I will be wearing as I enjoy working outside.

2 comments:

Lisa Cook said...

All of my favorite colors, Barb! Beautiful. I'm just waiting for all of our snow to melt so those spring flowers can show themselves.

Barbara Marr said...

Lisa, Thank you. Tomorrow's forecast for warm weather and rain should have blossoms popping open for sure.